this is a qsp fm HA. Not exactly fm EUCW but interesting event anyway.
Hungarian Straight Key Contest (HSKC)
To make as many QSOs as possible during the 2-hour contest period, using only
• a straight Morse key;
• a barefoot transmitter; and
• the least possible power.
2. Date and Time:
From year 2019 between 15:00-16:00 UT on Sunday of the second full weekend in April. (14th April in year 2019).
Every licensed ham radio operator observing the rules of this contest and the obligation to use barefoot transmitter as well as
straight key for transmission.
– SO = Single Operator
– MO = Multi Operator
By Output Power:
– A = station with output power max. 10W
– B = station with output power max. 100W
5. Categories and Their Indication:
SOA – means: Single Op max. 10W output
SOB – means: Single Op max. 100W output
MOA – means: Multi Op max. 10W output
MOB – means: Multi Op max. 100W output
6. Operating Frequencies: 3520-3570 kHz
7. Mode: 2-way CW.
8. Calling for Contest: as „CQ TEST SKC », or „CQ SKC »
9. Report Exchange: RST + serial number of QSO starting from 001 +
one-letter code for own Output Power Category Examples:
– SO, output power = 5W (SOA); report given: 599 015 A
– MO, output power = 90W (MOB); report given: 599 008 B
10. QSO Points: are Based on Report Received:
QSO point depends on Output Power Category of the other party station:
QSO with a station Category A 3 Points
QSO with a station Category B 1 Point
Examples: Report Received:
599 015 A
599 008 B
11. Multiplier: is a combination of the last numeral character of callsign prefix and the next immediate letter to the right
(first letter of the suffix). In case of special callsigns without a suffix, the last two characters of the callsign are to be considered
HA2MN HA5ABC YU9VK HG5A HA8KAZ HA8KW HG2007PAX HA/DJ7EJ/M YO6QBC
HL22 TX9 TM380
2M 5A 9V 8K 7P 7E 6Q 22 X9 80
12. Scoring: the final score is a result of the total QSO points multiplied by the sum of the multipliers. Important note: your
own callsign is considered as multiplier if you did not contact any station giving you that multiplier.
13. Log Instructions:
– The same station may only be scored once;
– A contact with station not sending log is valid only if the contacted station has been logged by at least 3 other participating
– A contact is invalid if the logged times of both parties differ by 5 minutes or more (but: if there is no doubt who is faulty the
QSO is valid for the other party);
– A contact is invalid if either the sent or the received reports differ in the logs of the two stations in contact (basically it is
considered that the transmitted data are the correct ones, but:
if there is no doubt who is faulty the QSO is valid only for the other party;
– Duplicate contacts must be logged. Of all the logged dupes only the one QSO which is logged by both stations first is valid. Dupes
are not subject to penalties;
– Missing category mark in the TX-ed report does not lead to ignorance of a QSO if the serial numbering is correct and the
category otherwise undoubtedly can be identified in the log.
– In case of equal score the number of QSOs made in the first half
an hour shall prevail.
14. Further Announcements:
– An entrant may use a single transmitter only and may not change categories throughout the contest.
– If someone undoubtedly and justifiably changed his/her category during the contest “B” will be considered as his/her own
category in the evaluation for each QSO.
– Stations using callsigns licensed to Clubs or Groups may only participate as Multi Operator (MO) entries regardless of the actual
number of operators.
– The logs which do not fulfill the requirements or the logs of stations who have undoubtedly violated the rules of the contest,
will be handled as control logs.
– Incoming logs are open and public, sorted as date of reception, and each-by-each can be seen after the log submission deadline in
the form as they arrived by clicking on the chosen callsign in column “Callsign” of menu “„Logs” on the HSKC website
(http://hskc.ha8kux.com/ which can be reached also from our main
– Detailed evaluation log-by-log as well as the preliminary results
– along with the reasons for requalification as control logs (if any) – will be published from the 40th day after the log
submission deadline and can be viewed by clicking on to the chosen callsign in column “Evaluation” of the menu “Logs” on the
HSKC website. Notes, modification requests regarding the evaluation are welcome till the 50th day after the log submission deadline by
writing into « Messages » menu on the HSKC website, or sending e-mail to ha8kw(at)ha8kux(dot)com address. Rightful claims will be posted
up in max. 2 days. Unless otherwise specified by the organizers the results become final on 60th day after the log submission deadline.
15. Logs: to be preferably submitted electronically (in cabrillo-format or any kind of text editoror spreadsheet-made file with extension of .log,
.txt, .rtf, .xls, .dbf etc. that is suitable for further computerized processing), but a paper log containing at least
the following data is also acceptable:
Date of QSO (yyyy-mm-dd)
Time of QSO in GMT (UT) (hhmm)
Other Party Station’s Callsign
Report Sent (eg.: 599 015 A)
Report Received (eg.: 599 008 B)
The name of the file in every case should be the callsign only (eg.: ha8kw.log). Each log entry except cabrillo-format logs must be
accompanied by a separate summary sheet. Header of the cabrillo log and the summary sheets should contain at least the following data:
– Contest name abbreviation (HSKC)
– Output Power Used, RIG + ANT
(claimed score calculation is not obligatory, it is – along with crosschecking – done by our evaluating program anyway…)
16. Log Submission Deadline: 15th day after the contest (posting date). Log corrections may be resubmitted any time within this
deadline. Each log submitted as attachment of an email will be acknowledged by an e-mail reply within 2 working days.
17. Log Submission Address:
– by e-mail: hskc(at)ha8kux(dot)com;
– by traditional mail: Provics Ferenc, P.O. Box 620, Szeged-1, H-6701, HUNGARY Subject line of such an e-mail should contain:
Contest name abbreviation, Callsign, Category (separated each by <space>). Example: HSKC HA8KW SOA
Every log submitting participant will be awarded with certificates. Certificates can be downloaded from the HSKC website
in pdf format from the date of final result announcement. The winners of each category obtain the honoring title „Straight Key
Juggler” appearing on their certificates together with a goblet offered by Pali HA8AR.
19. Trophy: A nice straight Morse-key made by Janos HA8KN
exclusively to the winner of category „SOA” will be awarded
by Feco HA8KW.
Good luck in the contest!
Feco, HA8KW and Feri, HA8ZE,
Members of HA8KUX Radioclub
EuCW mailing list